Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

insulation of a crawl space

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-28-00, 05:10 PM   #1  
I have an a-frame roof with a crawl space. I was wondering if I run double layers of insulation; one layer being batted and one layer unbatted along the ceiling joist and add a vabor barrier. Or should I insulate along the a-frame and add a vabor barrier to that???

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-28-00, 06:48 PM   #2  
Hi: jakenupe2

Reading your posting, I would suggest using blown in insulation. This will work well and will not require any extra layers or a vapor barrier.

<Providing there is already adequate ventilation.>

Insulating the ceiling between the rafters directly on the ceiling is all that is needed. Using the highest rating and best quality material in either bats or blown in will preform well and can be done by yourself.

Good Luck
Tom

------------------
Sincerely,
TomBartco
TomBartco Enterprises.
Trade:Natural Gas Energy Consultant & Technician.
Appliance Service & Repairs Rep.
Vocations:Saw & Tool Sharpening. Small Engine Repairs.
Accurate Power Equipment Company.
E-Mail:[email protected]

Personal Quote:
"Drive Safely. The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-07-00, 07:25 AM   #3  
Blown in insulation is a very good unless you ever need to tear into the ceiling. What a mess.

During a recent commercial remodel we were forced to leave some sheetrock in place which really should have been replaced, but the mess of blown in insulation changed the tact.

The batts and rooled idead does work well. Use high R rated glass (Double R-19).

------------------
MTAC - VB,MO
http://www.carpenter.cjb.net

Search this Thread