Holding up insulation

Old 10-21-02, 06:16 AM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question Holding up insulation

I have insulation in the ceiling of my basement. It keeps failing down in different areas. Is there a specific net or mesh I can buy and staple to the joists to hold the insulation in place and keep it from falling? Is there any other type of material or easy suggestions for holding up the insulation? I took a quick run through a local home improvement store but I couldn't find any net or such material. Thanks for any help or suggestions!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-02, 07:17 AM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Joist Hangers

Metal rods a little bit thicker than metal clothes hangers. They are slightly longer than the width of the joists and have sharp pointy ends. Joist hangers are relatively inexpensive.

To install them is you push the rod between the joist below the insulation. The sharp points of the hangers dig into the joists and holds the insulation up. You usually install then 3 to 4 feet apart. They go up quick and easy.

Old 10-21-02, 08:21 AM
V
Smile

Great! Thank you!!! I'll pick some up this week!!!

Old 10-22-02, 08:03 PM
JBar1
Visiting Guest
Wink

Depending on the area, & ease of getting to it, you can use chicken wire. Just tack it up, or staple it. Also inexpensive . It eliminates saging that could occur, & doesn't compress the insulation! Good luck.