heating

Old 02-03-03, 06:52 PM
bridor
Visiting Guest
heating

I just posted to insulation,and now I have a question on heating the house has baseboard electric heating,Iwas thinking of installing hydronic radiant,ok for main level inside joist area,but in the basement,on slab which I presume is not insulated under cement floor,I thought would not be very efficient,so I thought hot water radiators might be a better bet,also the source of hot water for both systems would be electric hot water tank,can anyone advise what size tank would be nesassary,maybe a formula for calculating size,it would be potable water,in use for regular household use,the house is a bungalow approx 1100sqft plus same in basement,any ideas?Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-03, 08:10 PM
http://www.fhp-mfg.com/res_products/wp/wp.htm If you have to go with electric, you are better off with a goethermal heat pump. It could provide you with domestic hot water, radiant floor heat for the first floor and forced hot air for the basement. On top of that, if you want air conditioning, it could do that for you too. If you decide to have air conditioning, check out "Free Recovery Option", on the equipment page on that site.