Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

unfinished garage

Visiting Guest

03-28-03, 05:22 PM   #1  
Mombo
unfinished garage

I have a two car garage with a 16x9 door. I want to make is insulated cuz Im gonna hook me up a furnace thingy for some heat. I have to figure out something for the ceiling to keep the heat from rising and escaping thru the underside of the shingles at the top. There are rafters, positioned according to Hoyle it looks like. Can i not just get me some of that there 4x8 1/2 thick foam-type sheathing, and staple,nail/screw/glue it to the rafters somehow to keep the heat from rising and gettin' away? Looks like 'cordin to where the wood is up there they should fall into place cordin' to Hoyle. Should I tape the seams where they join together, and what with? Do I use that there duct tape in the bottom drawer over there? will that work? Thanks for any idee'ers ya'all may have to help me out here...I will figure out the walls and 'lectic later after I get me some heat in there.

Sponsored Links

SC

04-07-03, 04:13 PM   #2  
Install sheetrock or OSB and blow in insulation.

Search this Thread