Nuwool or foam spray

Old 04-15-03, 02:27 AM
69fbird
Visiting Guest
Nuwool or foam spray

Im building a new house this summer in chicago and wondering the pros and cons of nuwool vs iso foam sprayed into the walls?
Has anyone used these products before?
Besides the higher price, I heard both of these products are good.

Thanks
fbrid

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-03, 07:15 AM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Cellulose vs. Foam

Both products are good, while they both argue their product is better. The advantage both of them have over other types of insulation is the method in which they are applied. In most cases the gaps and voids that are usually present with other types are eliminated with the spray in place application. One can argue in favor or against with either product. For example, shrinkage vs. settling. Shrinkage would be associated with foam and settling with cellulose. Both would experience wood member shrinkage in new construction and neither addresses that. If I was to choose between the two, it would be cellulose.

The reason is it would be is that cellulose is fire retardent and foam is not. As far as the other aspects of both products such as moisture, odor and fungi resistence could be easily argued for either product and if I was to do so, it would only confuse you even more.

In building a new energy efficient home there are some concerns. I suggests that you go to this site, www.resercon.com/SBS.html and read Sick Building Syndrome & Energy Conservation. It will give you some insights on how to avoid problems when dealing with energy conservation applications and practices.