shrink film

Old 09-14-03, 09:54 AM
radiator
Visiting Guest
shrink film

I put shrink film over the outside of my screen porch last winter and was pleased with the added insulation. I used window kit purchased thru this site which included double sided tape for attaching the film.

Is there a more permanent attachment method? Maybe snaplock (ziplock) type of fastener?

Since I plan to do this every Fall, it would be better to not have the tape, which leaves an unsightly residue that is difficult to clean off.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-03, 07:15 AM
Admin Emeritus
Lightbulb Web Hosts Reply

Hello: Radiator. Welcome to the Insulation Forum and the Do It Yourself Web Site.

Interesting question you ask and one which is intitled to at least a reply. Kindly excuse the lack of one for such a long time.

Snaps would do fine. They are available at any hardware store. The only draw back to using them is the half that is attached to the window frame has to be permanently attached.

Another option might be a product called"Velcro." Stripes of which can be attached to both the plastic sheets and the window frames.

Using the Velcro product or any such like it would accomplish the same end results. Removal of the half that attaches to the window frame can be removed seasonally or for painting and or repairs, etc.

Each additional year of usage, the Velcro can be replaced if need be and done so easily and at low cost.

Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."
Old 09-21-03, 02:22 PM
advantages

keep in mind that wind may take any of these off to the next town...a better solution is storm windows.

Search this Thread