Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

freezing in closet

Visiting Guest

11-14-03, 07:08 PM   #1  
marly
freezing in closet

In my daughter's closet there is a small door 5 ft long and 3 feet wide that leads to our attic. Last winter (the house is only 11 months old) I went upstairs one day to get a jacket in the closet and was shocked to find myself "exhaling smoke" because it was so cold. As the temp dropped I nailed a blanket over the door, then put towels at the base of the closet door---I ended up tacking up a blanket over the entrance way leading to the closet through the bathroom. How do I insulate this door???? Or is this normal????

Sponsored Links

SC

11-14-03, 09:06 PM   #2  
If the wall is insulated, then you have only the door to manage. You could install insulation on the back of the door with adhesive or frame out the back side and install insulation. Weatherstripping of the same type as goes on your exterior doors will help keep the draft down.

Hope this helps.

MO

11-16-03, 02:02 PM   #3  
COLD AIR

New home 11 months old Id call the builder right now. This should be covered in you home owners papers. Im with chfite what you can do but Id go to the builder first and yell. ED

Search this Thread