Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Which Side should paper go on

ddanco's Avatar
Visiting Guest

Posts: n/a

01-22-04, 06:21 AM   #1  
Which Side should paper go on


I am in the process of insulating my basement. I am going to be putting up R13 with vapor barrier on some of my interior walls to help with sound and was wondering something. I am going to have one room that will be unfinsihed (my workshop) and was wondering if I should put the paper side towards the unfinished side or leave it facing the finished side (towards the drywall). Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Pendragon's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,835

01-22-04, 07:00 AM   #2  
The kraft (paper) side goes towards the living space.
You can use unfaced insulation on interior walls, since you don't need the vapor barrier, and it's a little cheaper.

Search this Thread