Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Zero insulation in walls

Visiting Guest

02-01-04, 05:26 AM   #1  
tsherfy
Zero insulation in walls

I have an older home where there is literally NO insulation in the walls. I know this because I saw the walls opened up when I had my bathroom redone. The walls are extremely cold during the winter. Kitchen cabinets and outward facing closets are extremely cold. Is there a way to insulate the interior walls of the cabinets in any way, or is having insulation blown in my only viable option? I am afraid the costs of blowing insulation in would be quite high. Anyone have any rough estimates on pricing? I have a small (900 sq. foot) ranch home. Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice!

Tim

Sponsored Links

SC

02-01-04, 06:57 AM   #2  
Considering the alternatives of removing the interior walls and installing insulation or removing the exterior walls and installing insulation, cutting a hole and blowing insulation into the wall is by far the least expensive way to insulate the exterior walls in an existing house. It also takes less time.

Exclusive of paint and filler drying time, you could blow the insulation into the walls in a house in one day.

It would take much longer to remove the walls, install the insulation, and replace the walls.

Hope this helps.

Search this Thread