Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need to find some polyiso insulation

IA

02-03-04, 10:48 AM   #1  
can anyone help me out with the last ? in this post

I am trying to locate a retailer that sells polyisocyanurate rigid insulation, I need it 1-1/2" thickness, and if possible in 4x8 sheets with a foil face. Anyone know who sells it? Thank you

Regards,
kevin

Last edited by kskwsde; 02-20-04 at 06:19 AM.

Sponsored Links

IA

02-03-04, 02:42 PM   #2  
anyone?

Visiting Guest

02-03-04, 10:33 PM   #3  
JBar1
Dow puts out tuff-r from 1/2" to 2" I seen them with foil on both sides,& foil on 1 side & black on the other. HD carries them also you can probably order them thru some building supply place. also called building board. Good luck!

IA

02-05-04, 08:51 AM   #4  
Jbar1, thanks for the info - I guess I just needed someone to get me started in the right direction on where to look, thanks! I also found Firestone makes a product called ISO-R, and I found a few other products out there made by different manufacturers, such as R-MAX, Dura-R, Value-R to name a few. Are there any brands of of polyiso that in your opinion are clearly better than other brands? Is there any particular mfr. that you would recommend over others? One benefit to the Firestone ISO-R for me is that my father-in-law is a roofing contractor and get is pretty cheap for me through his Firestone rep, and may even have a bunch left over from prior jobs that I could get for next to nothing

Any add'l info you can give me is much appreciated. Thanks for your help

kevin

IA

02-19-04, 12:46 PM   #5  
polyiso insulation, continued...

well i think i am definitely going to get the Firestone ISO-R from my father-in-law, he said I can have whatever he can find from some previous jobs that was left over, and whatever else I might need, he can get for $40/square

I was wondering how much insulation I should have on the walls in the basement - is more better? or is there a point where I am just going to be overkilling it? The LTTR for the ISO-R is 10, and I was thinking about doubling up the insulation on the concrete walls to get a LTTR of 20. Does this sound like a good idea, and if so, is there anything special I need to do during application, as far as putting anything between the two insulation sheets, etc...

thanks for all the advice,
kevin

Search this Thread