Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

condensation on windows

03-28-04, 08:46 AM   #1  
condensation on windows

hello i live in an 90 year old home that i have been slowly, very slowly, been renovating.usually i go into a room tear out the old walls redo the wiring,insulate, dry wall and paint. last summer i put new vinyl siding on. i tore off the old aluminum siding, left the original wood siding on, than put the quarter inch accordian style styrofoam and than the vinyl. i also put new soffit up with ventilation pieces every third piece. at every vent piece i opened the space between the rafters in to the attic. i have one vent in each end of the house near the peak. the question or problem is when we cook or brew beer, i say that because we have to have a 3 gallon pot boiling for a little better than an hour, all the windows start getting condensation on them. the longer we cook the heavier the condensation gets the the more windows get affected. if it was one window i would think a bad window, but it's all of them. the windows are about 10 yrs old, double paned and installed by a contractor. any info would be appreciated, and thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

MO

03-30-04, 12:12 PM   #2  
the question or problem is when we cook or brew beer, i say that because we have to have a 3 gallon pot boiling for a little better than an hour, all the windows start getting condensation on them. the longer we cook the heavier the condensation gets the the more windows get affected. if it
Its just putting to much humidity in the home at that one time. Id put in a good kitchen fan or hood and vent it out side at this time .

ED

PS--- is the beer good. had some year back went off in the middle of the night had a big mess to clean up

Search this Thread