Old 04-05-04, 06:06 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a
Angry Soundproofing

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum and so I hope someone out there can give me some advise.

I live in a twin house. The neighbors are loud and I would like to know how to soundproof the shared wall.

I have gone the route of talking to them, etc. to no avail.

We currently have that 70's paneling on the wall in question.
I heard there are things you can do like some kind of soundproofing drywall?

Any suggestions? I am getting desparate. By 4 in the morning - I am exhausted from lack of sleep! Yes, it travels from their living room into my living room on up to my bedroom which is over my living room.

I even have turned on my air cleaner to drown their voices out.

Appreciate any help with this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-04, 06:55 AM
Dave_D1945's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,178
You might try having insulation blown into the common wall. It should do a lot to deaden the noise.
Old 04-06-04, 08:31 AM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,389
You dont say do you own or rent, that would be first?
Rent hang rug and pad on wall. If own put up another 2X4 wall 1/4" off that wall R13 insulation then dry wall.
Have found in the past anything on a wall to wall dont help You need a space from that wall to yours to kill the sound


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes