Insualting above porch celing

Old 04-12-04, 02:29 PM
randy1970
Visiting Guest

One of my bedroom is above the front porch of my house is very cold during winter months, I will like to know how do I insualte this porch celing to make my room warmer ?

Old 04-13-04, 11:03 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Is the ceiling there on the porch open??? Can you see the bedroom floor there or what??? INFO INFO helps

ED

Old 04-13-04, 12:13 PM
randy1970
Visiting Guest

Hi,

The Porch ceiling is closed and got some form insulation in it, right above the porch is my bedroom. If I want to do more insulation how di I do it and what is the best product to use ?
Do I have to insualte from out or inside

Old 04-13-04, 12:27 PM
Id say its what cost here to do it. Can you take down the porch ceiling insulate and put it back. Can you bore from out side and blow into each joist line with cellulose insulation. Think this wont work with the insulation that is in there now. You have to kick it around what can be done. How deep are the joist? can you get a R 19 thats 6"deep paper side up to the floor above.

ED

Old 04-14-04, 08:08 AM
randy1970
Visiting Guest

Hi ED,

I think the joist are 2 by 8 covered bt plywood sheet . Do I have to take off the old isulation ( form insulation) and re insulate with R-19

Old 04-14-04, 11:59 AM
Not sure just what you have up there. What are how the foam is, you have to look. You might want to take it out and put in the R-19 paper side to the floor above.

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: