Insulation recommendations

Old 04-28-04, 06:38 PM
dvsho
Visiting Guest
Insulation recommendations

Last fall, I moved into my new home (Long Island, NY). My new home has a finished basement that was redone approx 1 yr ago by the previous owner. The basement was extremely cold during the winter months and I suspect the basement wasn't insulated.

Is there any way that I can install insulation with out busting holes in the walls? Sorry for the newbie questions

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-29-04, 07:04 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
hmm

That is very strange, I doubt someone in NY would finish a basement without insulating it. Maybe it just isn't heated??? Anyway, to find out for certain, you'll have to peek behind (or inside) the wall. Note how the wall is built, how close it is to the concrete and what not. Most likely you'd have to remove drywall to add insulation. Maybe, if the concrete wall is covered with plastic or foam, you could have it blown in there, but that's a big maybe. Let's hear what the pros think.

Old 04-29-04, 07:41 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Wink

Is there any way that I can install insulation with out busting holes in the walls? Sorry for the newbie questions
Its all in what you have there to start with and how many $$$ you want to spend.

Like was said cut into the wall and find out for sure what you have now. like a V/B on the cement wall 1" air space off the wall then the studs with insulation in them. Another V/B then the drywall. Do you have any heat outlets down there at all?

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: