Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Paint on Vapor Barrier

Visiting Guest

06-25-04, 07:33 AM   #1  
Mike_Kuk
Paint on Vapor Barrier

I have gutted the master bedroom down to the studs and block walls. The place is about 30 years old, in Florida, and had no wall insulation or vapor barrier. As I redo the room, I'd like to seal it and insulate it as much as possible. I've received a recommendation to use a vapor retardant paint on the block walls to keep out moisture, rather than just plastic. Should I go with the paint, plastic or both against the block wall, before insulating?

Sponsored Links

MO

06-26-04, 01:22 PM   #2  
Down Here I think I would put a V/B paint on the walls.
Dont know how far south you are . But here they nail the furring strips P/T to the walls and insulation then dry wall. You have to think about it. the AC is on here for 8 months. The warm moist air is all on the out side trying to come in.

ED

Visiting Guest

06-28-04, 08:24 AM   #3  
Mike_Kuk
Ed,

Thanks, I will paint the V/B on before putting up the studs/furring strips and then insulate. I'm in the Clearwater area and the heat and humidity the past couple weeks have encouraged me to do everything I can to cool down the place. I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike

Search this Thread