what do I do?

Old 08-22-04, 09:25 AM
wyldeduke
Visiting Guest
what do I do?

I have an old house, with no insulation upstairs. I have decided to renovate the upstairs, but I am having a problem with the insulation. The celing in these rooms are right against the roof of the house (so I have slanted ceilings) The walls are about 5 to 6 feet away from the rest of the roof slant. Anyway tteh problem I am having no one can answer yet. I read in a home repair book and have heard from others that I need to put a baffle or anything really to put a little space between the roof and insulation to promote airflow for more effective results. Looking at where the roof joins the outside wall, there looks like there would be no way for airflow to even get in the area. There is a 2x4 and another board (I can't see how big) at a 90 degree angle, so it looks like air never came and would never come through there anyway. If someone can help I would appreaciate it very much. I don't know if I can just put up the insulation without the spacing for the air flow or if I have to create a way for air to flow through, etc... Thank you in advance for any help. I hope I have provided enough information.

Old 08-22-04, 11:03 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Wink

You have to have air get there above the insulation. some way . If you dont it hurts the roof shingles outside also.Is there no air comeing from the over hang of the home. Is there vents in the over hang?

ED

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: