unfinsihed basement

Old 11-01-04, 12:08 PM
davidkirschenba
Visiting Guest
unfinsihed basement

I am looking at finishing my basement and have an open ceilling which goes underneath my wood flloors. I wanted to know if I am going to insulate the basement and heat it do I also insulate the basement ceiling or to I leave it and just insulate the basement walls. Also how would you go about insulatiing the basement and what do you do to make sure there is no moisture that could create mold.
david

Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-04, 12:44 PM
Wink

No insulation in the ceiling down there any heat are cool is still in the home. If you did it would be for sound only.We hang a 6 mil poly from the sill plate down to the floor.2X4 studs,bottom plate P/T. Set wall about 1" from outside wall.A R 13 in the studs paper to the room side,a 4 mil poly over it all then the drywall are panel. Cut blocks of R19 and put them up on the sill plate.All around the homein the joist space.

ED

Old 11-20-04, 07:13 PM
davidkirschenba
Visiting Guest
I am a novice when it comes to terms. The basement is concrete and wanted to know if I should frame the basement first then put the insulation between the studs. or should I glew wall boards on to the concrete. also if i do put insulation between the studs do I put a barrier between the concrete and the insulation.
Thanks
david