Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

What to buy?

Visiting Guest

09-05-05, 08:18 PM   #1  
Andrew21
What to buy?

Can someone suggest a vapor barrier to install from Home Depot/Lowes? I'm renovating a bathroom and the wall facing the outside will need new insulation with a vapor barrier. I can't find anything like this. Can someone help? I'm in NY. Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links

09-05-05, 09:10 PM   #2  
Just installed a new bathroom in my basement... used heavy plastic sheeting as a vapor barrier in the shower encloser....

"Kraft faced" insulation is an option for dryer environments where you still need a vapor barrier. The "Kraft paper" side also acts as a vapor barrier.

Visiting Guest

09-06-05, 07:49 PM   #3  
Andrew21
Posted By: thezster Just installed a new bathroom in my basement... used heavy plastic sheeting as a vapor barrier in the shower encloser....

"Kraft faced" insulation is an option for dryer environments where you still need a vapor barrier. The "Kraft paper" side also acts as a vapor barrier.
Can I also use roofing felt? Also, what about insulation that comes with the vapor barrier? Does that exist?

09-07-05, 04:31 AM   #4  
Check your state/provincial building code.

In my part of the country, the code states that I am required to put 6 mil poly. This can be purchased at HD. It is essentially, heavy duty clear plastic.

Search this Thread