What to buy?

Old 09-05-05, 08:18 PM
Andrew21
Visiting Guest
What to buy?

Can someone suggest a vapor barrier to install from Home Depot/Lowes? I'm renovating a bathroom and the wall facing the outside will need new insulation with a vapor barrier. I can't find anything like this. Can someone help? I'm in NY. Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-05, 09:10 PM
Just installed a new bathroom in my basement... used heavy plastic sheeting as a vapor barrier in the shower encloser....

"Kraft faced" insulation is an option for dryer environments where you still need a vapor barrier. The "Kraft paper" side also acts as a vapor barrier.

Old 09-06-05, 07:49 PM
Andrew21
Visiting Guest
Originally Posted by thezster
Just installed a new bathroom in my basement... used heavy plastic sheeting as a vapor barrier in the shower encloser....

"Kraft faced" insulation is an option for dryer environments where you still need a vapor barrier. The "Kraft paper" side also acts as a vapor barrier.
Can I also use roofing felt? Also, what about insulation that comes with the vapor barrier? Does that exist?

Old 09-07-05, 04:31 AM
Check your state/provincial building code.

In my part of the country, the code states that I am required to put 6 mil poly. This can be purchased at HD. It is essentially, heavy duty clear plastic.