Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

proper type of spray can insulation

chuckinnc's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9

12-07-05, 06:56 AM   #1  
proper type of spray can insulation

I have a metal building that i need to insulate the corners where the
corrigated metal meets, also around the rafters there is about 1" gap between
them and the metal.
I picked up a few new cans of great stuff @ a flea market, it had the consistancy of shaving cream, it maybe ok for confined area but not thick
enought to stand by itself for a 1" gap, In the past i had used some spray
that was much thicker and stuck much better to almost anything, I can
remember what brand it was.
I have a 24x48 building i need to insulate a 1" gap around the roof line and
all 4 corners. Either i got a bad batch of spray or they are not created equal
so can anyone tell me what to look for?

Sponsored Links
wolfclan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 71

12-07-05, 07:17 PM   #2  
We use a Hilti foam with their reuseable applicator gun which has about a 12 inch application tube (longer ones availlable).
It has a great ability to control where and how much you want to cover or fill.

What type of insulation do you plan to use.
We have used Sunshield2000 or Super Therm to control or stop condensation and heat transfer. It blocks heat transfer more effectively including thermal bridging through the beams or perlings.

Search this Thread