Help with insulation on enclosed utility trailer

Old 07-04-06, 06:13 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with insulation on enclosed utility trailer

I just purchased a Featherlite enclosed gooseneck trailer. I am planning on insulating and finishing off ½ of the interior for living quarters. I was wondering what is the best method of insulating and fastening wood or plastic paneling to the walls and ceiling of a flexing moving aluminum trailer. Is there a concern with vapor barrier? Should I use an open cell spray on foam? If insulation is not the most important factor should I just glue common Styrofoam to the walls that is sold at the local building center? If I use glue what type do I use?
For the wife’s sake this has to be a first class job, so what I am most concerned with is the exposed fasteners. What is the best way to fasten the paneling to the walls and ceiling and still get that “upscale first class look”? Are there any web sites out there that might document this type project?

Old 07-21-06, 01:31 AM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You may wish to research using a ceramic insulation coating which has elasotmeric properties for the flexability you need. About six years ago I heard of a company called Bruce Coach that manufactured million dollar motor homes which used this type of insulation because it is so thin and easy to apply and effective. Another company out of AZ applies the same coating to reefer trailer units after they determined if worked better than foam insulated units.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: