workshop insulation

Old 10-11-07, 05:47 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question workshop insulation

i am in the process of framing a 28x30 pole building, 4:12 pitch roof, with 14ft walls. i eventully want to do the spray foam insulation, however due to the cost, it will be probably next year before that happens. What my ? is , I have access to some 1" foam panels at a very, very reasonable price, would this be a viable option until i can spend the $$$ for the Spray foam? if so , do secure it to the bottom of the purlins or cut it to fit between the purlins ?

Many thanks in advance,

Vic

Old 10-25-07, 06:41 AM
K
workshop insulation

Vic,

I'd nail it over the top, especially if it's only temporary. Note that code will probably demand that it be covered with a fire-slower-downer (blocker? retarder?) if it's considered an occupied space. Not sure what that means to you though.

By the way, I'm going to foam my workshop sometime in the next several months... DIY... already ahve teh foam in the garage. Be interesting to see how it turns out!

- Ernie

Old 10-28-07, 04:15 PM
well keep us in the loop. My building is going up under a Agriculture permit, so most building codes are null, they only verifiy the truss engineering, post size and placement, and any electrial service.

Old 11-01-07, 06:50 AM
Who
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
A **continuous** layer of one inch XPS with the joints taped will make a huge difference.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: