enclosing/insulating screen porch

Old 10-17-07, 11:37 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
enclosing/insulating screen porch

I have a room, a mudroom on the side entry of my house that I have stripped the drywall and all the junk from to refinish and make it look decent. The room is the main entry way I use for enter/exiting the house, however has no heat register, yet. My home is heated with hot water/boiler that I had replaced about 2 yrs ago. The mudroom I am planning to install a radiator in and finish up the walls very soon. I've done blown in cellulose on all the walls of the house abotu 2 yrs ago as well, and fiberglass in the attic, there was nothing in the house when I purchased. I am wondering if cellulose is the way to go again with this room, or since the drywall is all own do fiberglass? There is no tyvek or anything on the outside of the house either, wood with vinyl siding installed over it. Any info would be great, I'm really hurting for heat, seems the house is easier to be cold then to keep warm when its winter here in Michigan.
Thanks!

Old 10-19-07, 09:24 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I would stick with the cellulose since it cuts down on drafts better. If you use batts you better make sure you caulk or foam every seam, gap, transition in the new room to keep out the cold air from blowing in. Hell you should do that regardless of your insulation.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: