staple length

Old 12-08-07, 08:43 AM
staple length

I'm gonna be putting paper-faced 6" thick fiberglass insulation up in between the ceiling joists. What size (length) of staples would make the most sense to use in my Arrow stapler for this job?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-07, 09:56 AM
You only staple the paper flanges of faced FG so they dont need to be very long. You shouldnt put staples in the middle of FG to keep it in place (compression isnt good) if thats what you are asking. But if you are laying batts on the floor of the attic in btw the ceiling joists/attic floor why do you need to staple it anyways? It should be just laying there and be just fine with paper facing the living space.

Old 12-08-07, 12:59 PM
Group Moderator
I like 5/16" or 3/8" staples.

Old 12-08-07, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by d00bs View Post
You only staple the paper flanges of faced FG so they dont need to be very long. You shouldnt put staples in the middle of FG to keep it in place (compression isnt good) if thats what you are asking. But if you are laying batts on the floor of the attic in btw the ceiling joists/attic floor why do you need to staple it anyways? It should be just laying there and be just fine with paper facing the living space.
To clarify, they are actually roof joists in an attic space. And I was just wondering about a good length (specifically) of staples to be using to staple the flanges to the joists to hold the insulation from falling down. I do not plan on installing any covering over the insulation, it will remain exposed. thanks