Re-coating exterior insulation panels


Old 08-24-08, 12:40 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 1
Re-coating exterior insulation panels

I live in a 20-year-old house with a concrete foundation; on the outside, the builder put a double layer of white rigid styrofoam insulation, which I then covered with a concrete-like coating that I brushed on. It's nicked and dinged and otherwise a bit beat up now, so I want to apply a new coat of the covering. I can't remember what it was, and my visit to the local Home Depot and Lowe's produced only blank stares from the workers I asked for help. Can anyone advise me on what to use?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-08, 04:43 PM
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,873
The normal coating applied to masonry foundations is called "Parging". In your case the contractor applied rigid insulation then coated it. This is similar to "EIFS", I suggest you Google that.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes