Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Sound & Fire Insulation

01-14-10, 04:26 PM   #1  
Sound & Fire Insulation

Please recommend the best products for sound insulation. I've seen "rocksall"(sp?) used in a TV program -- a thick brown material used as a fire-block as well.

I'll be stuffing this in the cavity between interior walls, and in the cavity between double doors (adjacent rooms). I'm not concerned with materials cost, as this is a small project.

All information is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links

ME

01-14-10, 04:50 PM   #2  
No experience with this, but plan to try is as just insulation. Happens they seem to be very proud of it's fire properties.
roxul.com
FYI, let us know anything you learn.

Bud

01-17-10, 04:50 PM   #3  
Thanks

Thanks for the correct spelling, and the web link! Mike Holmes featured this product on his "Holmes on Homes" show on HDTV.

-- Larry

ME

01-17-10, 05:09 PM   #4  
Well, I cheated on the spelling, I have their flier right in front of me. I've seen Holmes use something similar, but if I don't have the closed caption on, I don't really hear what they are saying, he talks too fast for my bad ears. My guess is the stuff will need to be fitted carefully. If you give it a try, let us know what you think.

Bud

Search this Thread