Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Insulation, Radiant and Vapor Barriers
Reload this Page > Left over Kraft papered insulation - Can I use it over old insulation?

Left over Kraft papered insulation - Can I use it over old insulation?

Old 08-09-10, 05:41 PM
Question Left over Kraft papered insulation - Can I use it over old insulation?

I have some Kraft faced fiberglass insulation left over from a project. I have a room in the main house that gets hotter than most rooms do during the day. There is already Kraft faced fiberglass insulation in the attic with the paper part facing the drywall.

Can I put the extra Kraft faced insulation right on top of the old "already up there" insulation in the attic or do I need to remove the Kraft paper from the extra insulation before I lay it over the old Kraft paper insulation thats already in place?

My concern is water retention, if 2 Kraft papered insulation types are laying right on top of each other.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-10, 06:39 PM
Remove the kraft paper.

More letters required.

Old 08-09-10, 07:10 PM
And, if the first layer is even with or above the ceiling joists, run the additional insulation perpendicular.

Be safe, Gary

Old 08-16-10, 04:09 AM
Talking

Thanks guys. I didn't want to have to remove the Kraft paper cause I hate getting fiberglass stirred up, but if I'm gonna use it I guess I gotta.

Search this Thread