Sliding door causes bad draft..

Old 08-30-10, 07:37 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sliding door causes bad draft..

I'm in a rented apartment, and the landlord can't replace the sliding door until the association approves the change. That said, this door has caused constant cold to enter the house during the winter, and made my A/C work overtime as well.

He isn't opposed to replacing it, but can't right now. That said... what can I do to keep the place better insulated? The door unfortunately leaks air, and the tracks of the door actually had open spaces in them, which I plugged with weather stripping.

I just want to know if there's something I can do to fix it even better than trying to plug it with weatherstripping.. I'm open for any ideas, and I don't care if the door is useless during the winter, as we rarely use it to begin with.

Thanks for any advice!

Old 08-30-10, 03:55 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
You didn't say what brand they are, but nonetheless, Pella and Andersen have opposing channels that lock into each other to help keep down on the draft. Lesser expensive models have brush strips running the length at the contact point of the closed sections and make contact only when they are closed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: