Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Insulating loft space in garage, ventilation question

CANADA

09-28-10, 03:12 PM   #1  
Insulating loft space in garage, ventilation question

Hi all, I'm insulating a loft space above my detached garage. The bottom walls are complete, vapoured and taped. Now its time for the top.

I using a product called durovent for air space ventilation between the bottom of the roof and the insulation. I'm doing a cathedral stlye insulation with the insulation presssed to the roof with out an attic space se.

Along the bottoms the soffit runs the length of the garage, but at the top there are only two vent ports on either side, not a full length top vent.

So my question is how high do I go with the air vents. I've added some pictures to hopfully clarify this. But basically I'm not sure if i should take the air vent all the way to the apex of the garage as shown? Or should I stop short and make a small attic space where there would be totally free flow from one vent to the other. Or can I take each air vent run to the very top of the truss?
My only concern with that is would only the two trusses where the vent holes are cut be the only ones properly ventilated that way?

Like i say pls have a look at the pics and let me know, project is on hold till I find out what to do as I dont want to make a mistake and wreck my roof!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

CANADA

09-28-10, 03:15 PM   #2  
sorry seems I can't upload the pics, but I hope that expalantion is enough.

Group Moderator

WI

09-29-10, 06:46 AM   #3  
Welcome to the forums

I think some pictures would help, at least they'd help me

http://forum.doityourself.com/electr...your-post.html

Search this Thread