Garage Attic Radiant Barrier Foil

Old 10-26-10, 12:28 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Garage Attic Radiant Barrier Foil

Aloha All,

Just had a quick question. I'm in a newer home (in Nevada) that already has the Polar Ply installed in the garage roof. When standing in the garage attic, the inside of the garage roof has a shiny alumium surface called Polar Ply. The attic floor has the standard un-faced fiberglass insulation.

I was thinking about installing some of that radiant barrier foil along the bottom of the roof rafters, but I didn't know if that would cause the 6" space between the bottom of the existing Polar Ply roof (and the proposed new radiant barrier foil), to get too hot...

In other words, is it possible/ok to install the new radiant barrier foil along with another pre-existing radiant barrier (such as Polar Ply)?? My thinking was that the foil might be a little more 'effecitve' than the Polar Ply... Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Old 11-02-10, 08:21 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Check with table 4 to see if it's worth buying or not, cheaper than more insulation, cooling in attic, etc.: http://www.ornl.gov/sci/roofs+walls/...es.html#table4

Gary

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: