Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Aluminum (cabana) room/ceiling insulation

FL

07-09-12, 12:10 PM   #1  
Aluminum (cabana) room/ceiling insulation

I have a screened room I put windows in and the tax people says now I have a...cabana...nice huh? so now they tax me on it more...anyway I put the windows in it because I put a hot tub in the room, I live in Florida and there is the 2" foam in the ceiling pans but the ceiling still gets real hot, is there an economical way to add another 2", hide the 2" aluminum beams inside and put a new inside ceiling on?

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

07-09-12, 01:10 PM   #2  
Yes, additional insulation can be added. Rigid foam might be the best since it insulates well for it's thickness and is resistant to moisture. You can cover everything with almost any material you want that is moisture resistant. I have vinyl bead board on the ceiling of my hot tub room and after 10 years it still looks brand new. Depending on your cabana's structure and what you choose you may need to add additional support/structure to support and/or attach your ceiling material.

In April wave at every plane you see overhead. It might be me.

Super Moderator

AZ

07-09-12, 01:25 PM   #3  
I saw an episode of Holmes on Homes where they used vinyl soffit material as a ceiling after insulating....looked great.

Vic
"I sometimes wonder how some people ever made it to adulthood..."

Search this Thread