please help! need advice regarding vapor barrier

Old 10-19-12, 03:06 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
please help! need advice regarding vapor barrier

I have a new home under construction. I'm having radiant heat put into the basement floor before the concrete floor is to be poured, currently scheduled for mid next week. So today I went over and I see that a vapor barrier is being laid down, followed by 2" of foam board. The plunber is set to come out Monday morning to lay the radiant piping, and the pour of the actual concrete is tentatively set for Wednesday. Here is my concern, it is suppose to rain over the weekend. So logic tells me that rain is going to seep down beneath the foam and get trapped between it and the underlying vapor barrier. And I don't see how it could ever dry? I am worried that the floor will be poured over trapped pockets of moisture. Am I missing something, as I see nowhere for the water to go. Unfortunately this did not hit me until this evening and the contractors have left the job site. I should think that the vapor barrier, foam board, radiant piping, and cement pour should all happen during a rain free time period. Do I have reason to be worried? I wanted to check with some experts before calling my contractor. Should the board be pulled back up and the vapor barrier be allowed to dry before anything else takes place? Your help and advice is appreciated! thanks

Old 10-20-12, 04:05 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
One opinion, all will be fine. Remember, they will be pouring wet concrete over it all, so you will have moisture no matter what between the foam and vb. Not that 2" of water would be good, but "moisture" won't hurt.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: