2 fer 1


Old 02-10-01, 05:07 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

#1 I was underneath crawl space and found that the duct insulation has unwrapped and or self destructed (more likely ineffectively applied). Can I use plastic wrap to hold things together? ( I saw this 'paper towel' roll sorta thing that had 8mil or so poly wrap to encircle things for holding things together that I thought would work nicely) Or is maybe more efficient to replace with the new poly wrap ducts. I believe they are standard galvinized lines.

#2 opps forgot the second one now... to many kids to seperate
Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-01, 10:34 PM
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Arlington, WA
Posts: 9,238
As long as the fiberglass insulation AND the plastic vapor barrier are intact and reusable, wrapping the ducts back and using the 8 mil tape to hold it all together should be no problem. If need be, you can add some fiberglass duct insulation (I think it's about an R-4 or R-6), and/or vapor barrier. No sense replacing the duct work if the only problem is the insulation around it.

Get back to us with #2, if and when you get the chance!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes