Shed Insulation?

Old 11-12-13, 05:43 AM
Question Shed Insulation?

N. AZ resident (temps from 20 to 92 degrees) and want to insulate two larger sheds (14 x 16) for better storage of tools, etc... perhaps office use as well.

"Had" planned on putting a layer of Tyvek onto the inside walls ( 2x4s are 24" OC) and then batting (R-13), a radiant barrier after that "just" between the studs and then 1/2" drywall - but?

But it seems like I'm perhaps doing way too much. Will perhaps use one shed as an outdoor office (all have electricity, etc) so LOOKING for 'experienced' suggestions as I've NEVER done this type of work.

Greatly appreciate the expertise here, many thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-13, 02:38 PM
You confused me there.... describe wall from siding type-in, and 2x4? What for roofing, storage above, wood frame trusses/rafters....

Gary

Old 11-18-13, 05:38 AM
Thanks GARY,
T111 "type" but almost like a 'cement' board... the kind of artificial board used in decks. We did not put it up but want to insulate it.
Frame is all 2x4, roof is gable with trusses of 2x4 and just bare rafters.
We want to make it weather proof and have begun caulking the indoor joints, etc... the electricity is almost done. But from what I've read we need to put the radiant on the walls and then the batting over that ... ???