Adding insulation on top of old existing baffles

Old 11-24-13, 09:41 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Adding insulation on top of old existing baffles

Hi,
I have considered doing this project for awhile now, but i guess it's time.
Few problems or questions...
I am not planing on removing the old insulation, because it's extra mess I don't need and in my opinion not worth doing. My master bedroom has a cathedral ceiling and there is no way to reach that space, so unfortunately there is going to be very little insulation i can add there.
I would like to prevent the insulation from clogging whatever attic vents i have around the perimeter of the house. I see there is product that should work,
Amerimax Home Products 41 in. x 22 in. Accuvent Vinyl Attic Airway and Soffit Vent in Black-ACCUVENT at The Home Depot but my roof is very low pitched and nails hungerly pointing at my bold head. :NO NO NO: Is it practical or even possible to first blow as much insulation up to the very edge of my roof and then go from the other side and using a leaf blower or maybe the same blowing machine (only without the insulation), blow it a bit back? to provide for the air flow.

Is this the insulation that I should be using to "top off" the existing stuff?
GreenFiber Blow-In Natural Fiber Insulation-INS541LD at The Home Depot

Thanks in advance,

Old 11-26-13, 05:06 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Since I am not getting any replies, decided to throw in more questions

Called Home Depot, they will rent me the machine to blow in the insulation for free if I buy 10 bales. But,.... the machine does not have the additional trigger with liquid delivery hose. That means I can apply the insulation only to horizontal, or somewhat horizontal surfaces.
Is there way around it? Can I try rigging something up to spray the "glue" i am assuming. I don't have a lot the wall to be covered so it does not have to be "perfectly" rigged

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: