Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

mold inside siding

FL

05-30-14, 11:33 AM   #1  
mold inside siding

We purchased a house with a detached garage already in the process of conversion to a living space. We removed some of the insulation on the north wall & found mold on all the interior of the siding ( yes, it's a dicey job thus far). Can I clean the mold off & then paint the interior of the siding with Kilz?

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

05-30-14, 12:06 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forums! What type siding is it? Vinyl, hardieplank, wood? Where is your moisture leak, and have you rectified that. Until you do that, the mold will return. Post some pictures if you can so we can see what you are seeing. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

FL

05-30-14, 02:49 PM   #3  
Name:  mold siding 002.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  15.1 KBName:  mold siding 001.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  19.0 KB

I'm trying to post photos! The "leak" is moisture wicking, we assume, from rain coming down the exterior wall & into the exposed bottom edge of the siding, which Appears to be some sort of composite. The mold is exhibiting on the interior of the north side, while the result dampness is visible on the lower 8" of the interior wall. (I did read the instructions on posting photos and tried several times; please correct whatever I did!). Thanks!

Attached Images

Search this Thread