Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Batt Insulation for Bonus room... installed correctly?

AL

08-08-14, 06:59 PM   #1  
Batt Insulation for Bonus room... installed correctly?

ok. I live in the South (Lower Alabama) and my bonus room above my garage, gets warm during the summer. I went in the attic today to see how the insulation was installed and I noticed that it is Paper towards the room (insulation towards the hot attic space). I read a few articles where basically is states that it doesn't matter (or depends) on which way the paper faces.

The biggest issue I have is that the insulation is extending past the joists into the attic space. I also think that the paper is not installed up against the drywall of the bonus room. Do either or both of these issues matter? Would it be better if I turn all the insulation around (paper towards attic, insulation towards bonus room) and staple it back to the joists to ensure that it stays flush with the joist to ensure a tight fit. Right now I don't think there is a tight fit because the insulation does extend past the joists into the attic.
Thanks
Nate

Sponsored Links

AL

08-09-14, 09:21 AM   #2  
I have attached some pictures

Attachment 36151Attachment 36156

Attached Images

OK

08-25-14, 08:19 PM   #3  
I am dealing with the same thing here in Ok. My insulation is facing the same way and this room brings up the temp upstairs to 82 during the heat of the day...

Search this Thread