Pole building insulation help

Old 12-28-14, 04:30 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Pole building insulation help

Well I have got some of the insulation installed on the walls. I am using 2.8" thick poly ISO foam, making it R17.2
I have it attached to the cross purlin 2x6's between each post.
There is gonna be about a 3.5" gap in between that and the drywall. Will that cause any problems?
Thanks,
Mike

I have some pics but I don't know how to load them up. I'll keep on trying..

Old 12-28-14, 04:44 PM
H
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  29.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  34.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  34.7 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1047
Size:  28.8 KB

So you can see how much of a gap there will be inbetween the insulation and the edge of the post. I am trying to get a pic up of how the framing will be. Standby..

Old 12-28-14, 05:07 PM
H
Well the key picture won't load for some reason. I'll try again in the morning. But basically here's what I want to show you.
I am taking a 16' 2x4 and laying it on its side horizontally. They will be 2' apart from the floor to the ceiling. I am notching into them the difference of the insulation to the edge of the post, about 2.5"
They will effectively "pinch" the insulation inbetween the outer purlins and the inner framing (which is what they are).. Then the drywall will get screwed to them. But that is gonna give me about a 3-3.5" gap between the insulation and the drywall. I was going to "bookshelf" some r13 faced pink batts for even more insulation, but now am not sure it will even be necessary on the walls. There is NO housewrap or anything else. Just metal, airspace, purlins, insulation, airspace, then interior wall.

1. Will this air gap on the interior side give me problems?
2. Will the pink batting help much more, or is the 17.9 polyiso gonna be more than enough on the walls? I want this place to be as good as I can afford, I can get a sweet deal on more pink stuff, but is it gonna help much? It's r13, so that would put me up around a r30 on the walls?
Thanks
Mike

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: