Difference between Owens corning fiberglass Batts

Old 11-27-15, 05:52 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Difference between Owens corning fiberglass Batts

Hey Guys/Gals,

This sounds really stupid and I think already know the answer but I'm looking for some reassurance. I originally purchased OWENS Corning Fiberglass insulation:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.r...000181137.html

I used this insulation in the attic as stopper between the baffle and the ceiling to avoid the cellulose from going in to the soffit. I noticed afterwards its only advertised for "Wall" applications. On the same website, the other R20 Batt insulation product says "Wall" and "Attic". Correct me if I'm wrong but fiberglass batt is fiberglass batt right, there is no difference?...I think this is just a marketing thing....

The description on the home-depot website says attic or walls but looks like a generic statement.

Please advise.

Alex

Old 11-27-15, 12:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
Welcome to the forums! R-20 can be faced, so I am not sure if you were looking at faced insulation or unfaced as you have purchased. Normally attics will receive much more, usually in the range of R38. You are just using it around the perimeter so I see no problem if it serves your purpose.

Old 11-27-15, 01:12 PM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yep

Yeah its pretty much R12-R14 at the perimeter when its compressed. My attic is R60 for the most part but where the wall meets the ceiling, the top plate I suppose it called? Thats the best I can get.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: