How to deal with glass fiber wool?

Old 01-05-16, 07:11 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question How to deal with glass fiber wool?

I noticed that there are some white color glass fiber wool outside HVAC vent in my mechanical room (which is located in my master room). And recently I read that it is carcinogenic (of lung cancer) and definitely a health hazard. I am so freaked out and don't know what to do. Should I buy some tape to cover it? Or should I get pro technician do a comprehensive inspection of the HVAC? Name:  IMG_3485.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  37.4 KB

Old 01-05-16, 08:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,948 Upvotes on 1,748 Posts
No idea what you've been reading, but it goes without saying that you've bought into the mass hysteria that is sweeping the country that we are all going to die from asbestos or mold or what have you (fill in the blank).

Its likely that your "white fiberglass" is nothing more than a recently produced brand name insulation, like Johns Manville. Owens corning insulation is pink. Other fiberglass is yellow or green. This is nothing to freak out over. Your room is obviously not filled with ground up fiberglass that is blowing all around. Insulation is often used to fill the gaps "around" the ductwork... not "in" the ductwork. Next they will say the dust from living on a gravel road is hazardous to your health.

Cover it with tape if you want to, it certainly won't hurt anything... if it makes you feel better about it, that's probably all that matters.

Old 01-06-16, 12:00 AM
F
Received 39 Upvotes on 31 Posts
Next they will say the dust from living on a gravel road is hazardous to your health.
It is! People that live on, or near, gravel roads rarely live past the age of ninety.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: