Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Interior Improvement Center > Insulation, Radiant and Vapor Barriers
Reload this Page >

Tyvek house wrap/ metal placement for insulated shed build

Old 11-05-16, 02:40 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hi i am an amateur currently attempting a studio/shed build.
I am building a 12x9 foot insulated shed I have constructed a frame from 2x3 wood which I intend to fill with kingspan later, I plan to add 9mm osb to the outside of the frame then 75mm steel lined cold-room panels on top of that with Tyvek house wrap over that with 2 battens creating a 25mm gap then wood/barn style cladding for decoration purposes.
The cold-room panels are 2 sheets of steel (back and front) sandwiched between polystyrene.
I am aware that traditionally house wrap is placed over osb then batten then cladding, however I am very keen to add these recycled cold room panels to create a secure shed however I am concerned that adding the Tyvek house wrap in the above way will cause a build-up of condensation.
Can anyone please advise me to the best placement for the house wrap and in what order of layers if that makes sense.

Old 11-05-16, 04:04 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,975 Upvotes on 1,771 Posts
Housewrap is vapor permeable so I dont understand your concern. I would be more concerned about "steel" rusting in an exterior setting. I also think your 25 mm rainscreen is way too wide.

I assume you intend to heat this shed?

Old 11-06-16, 03:09 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 11 Upvotes on 10 Posts
While you are at it, please fill out your profile. We don't know where you are located, and it helps us to localize things. From your description, it seems you may not be in North America where most of our advice tends to be about.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: