Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Previous basement framing and insulation issues

NE

03-31-17, 05:33 AM   #1  
Previous basement framing and insulation issues

I bought a house a few months ago, the basement was pretty much fully finished, its a 1960s house, so the basement is all underground, since I have had the place I have had no issues with water and did some water tests and nothing came up. But I was redoing the bathroom so I ripped out the drywall on the exterior wall, and noticed that the framing was up against the concrete, no foam insulation or anything between the two. has me worried because I read a lot about the foam boards and gluing them to the foundation, which is block foundation, then framing it inside of that. well this wasn't finished that way, and I definitely didn't plan to rip everything out, the foundation walls are painted so I don't know if that helps, but right now as it sits its the painted foundation wall, 2 x4 framed wall up against it, with paperback insulation inbetween the studs, the insulation wasn't wet, and I was doing this on a rainy day, the vapor locks are stapled, so don't know if that helps too. So I am curious what my options are, I am up for any suggestion besides ripping everything out and starting from scratch. but I would understand if that is my only option. help me out guys

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NE

03-31-17, 05:38 AM   #2  
Well it has lasted almost 60 years the way it is, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

If your walls were wet it might be a different story.

NE

03-31-17, 05:45 AM   #3  
yes, they are dry, and don't show signs of moisture or mold, it was recently finished though, maybe in the last 10 years, the grade outside is good to as far as slope

Search this Thread