What kind of insulation should I use here?


Old 05-21-20, 04:55 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
What kind of insulation should I use here?

I had a leak in the laundry room which resulted in repiping. It backs up to a bedroom, and I'd like to reduce noise through the wall. What kind of recommendation do you have for insulation? Do I need to take in consideration the piping when choosing?

I uploaded a picture that isn't the greatest but gives the general idea.
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-20, 04:36 AM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 8,423
Received 169 Votes on 154 Posts
Not a lot can be done to reduce the vibration of a laundry room to an adjoining room short of sound proofing the wall.
Had neighbor who owned half of a duplex. The laundry rooms of each half bordered the common wall. The old lady on one side told the younger gal not to do her laundry in the evening and certain hours of the day because it disturbed her quite time.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: