what type of insulation is this?

Old 09-12-21, 06:44 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Canada
Posts: 111
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
what type of insulation is this?

Our home was built in 2008. The attic has about 14" of insulation. It looks like it was blown-in. The insulation is fluffy like cotton or sheep's wool. Just wondering what type of insulation this is? One of the pictures is a close-up of a small piece of the insulation. Thanks

Old 09-12-21, 06:50 PM
PJmax's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Jersey
Posts: 64,588
Received 3,880 Upvotes on 3,477 Posts
Insulation ID:
If you have loose-fill insulation that is white and fluffy and has a little shine, it is probably fiberglass fill. Because it is a glass product, fiberglass has a slight shine when subjected to bright light.
Old 09-12-21, 08:15 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,007
Received 1,899 Upvotes on 1,705 Posts
Yep, blown fiberglass.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: