Insulating floor of enclosed porch

Old 10-03-21, 07:39 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Insulating floor of enclosed porch

Hi folks. So Iíve got an enclosed outside porch that Iím repairing and have the opportunity to insulate the floor which is otherwise exposed and very cold limiting the utility of this porch despite having insulated windows, walls and electric baseboard.the porch is about 8X15í, and the floor is 5/4 meranti. We built this porch on an old poured concrete porch, resting 2X6 joists on top of the old concrete floor. Iím restoring the outer face of this floor/deck that the porch sits on, so the outside ends of the resulting 6X16 X 8í cavities - meranti top, 2X6 sides and concrete bottom, are open temporarily. My thought is to spray expanding foam insulation in the channels and let it seal and fill the void. I donít think that stuffing the channel with Fiberglas is practical and tho I will seal it back up that also seems like a home to pests. Iíve contacted a couple contractors and waiting to meet, but is this the right approach and can I do this myself with rented equipment? Iím very capable but informant in this space! Thx as always

Old 10-03-21, 07:41 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Ps that was ďignorantĒ!

Old 10-03-21, 09:18 AM
Received 946 Votes on 859 Posts
can I do this myself with rented equipment?
There is no rental equipment for foam insulation that I have ever seen.

You would be looking at buying Froth Kits!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: