soundproofing a bedroom

Old 09-02-01, 04:02 AM
Visiting Guest
I have a Whirlpool 30 inch, drop in electric stove, model RF37OPXYW. Does anyone know where I can find the soft, plastic white strips that fit between the stovetop and the countertop, the ones that keep stuff from falling down between? Whirlpool used to include them in their install kits, and don't anymore, and they don't make them anymore. I've checked with appliance installers and contractors to no avail.

Thanks,
Dan in Raleigh

Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-01, 06:50 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

I recently moved into an apartment. It is an relatively old building, and the walls don't seem to be very thick. The upstairs neighbors tend to have very loud conversations, and have a brood of annoying yippie dogs that tend to bark at 5am.

I am looking for an easy way to soundproof the ceiling, as well as a heating vent that i think carries the sound from upstairs directly into the room.

The ceiling is relatively flat, however, the tiles are held up every 12" by wooden slats (they stick out from the tile about 1/2"). The vent is on the wall about 1 foot down from the ceiling.

I would appreciate any ideas, however, I am a college student and cannot afford to spend more than $200 on this right now. Is there any hope for me?

Thanks!

Old 10-15-01, 02:46 AM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
Unfortunately your best solution is to buy ear plugs or move. If your getting sound traveling from one unit to another through the duct work, I sure cant figure much you could do to stop that...

this site lists info on sound deadeninghttp://www.noisecontrol.net/myths.html

Good Luck

Jim