Foundation Insulation/Blanket

Old 11-03-01, 08:15 AM
Visiting Guest
Question

Where can I locate what is commonly called a "foundation blanket". I need to insulate the inside of a concrete foundation wall for a bedroom addition. We have ceramic tile in the bathroom and want to heat the crawlspace. I am in the Chicago area and hoping to find a Home Depot, etc. I found the following info on the Certainteed website:

Basement Wall
This product is for use in unconditioned basements and is intended for applications where basement insulation is preferred or mandated and where insulation is left exposed. Basement Wall Insulation is produced with a white flame-resistant polypropylene facing.
Return to CertainTeed Fiber Glass Insulation Index

CertainTeed Basement Wall Insulation is available in 3-1/8"-thick R-11 rolls, 48" and 72" widths.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-01, 03:42 PM
rbisys
Visiting Guest
Greetings, Keithlwood

Read the info I gave Carrie Balant, about three up from you.

The fiber glass is only about 10% efficient, the radiant barrier, 97%. The radiant barrier will never lose its insulation value. You cannot be sure that moisture will not get into the fiberglass and moisture is the kiss of death for fiber glass.

Thank you for considering my opinion.

Old 11-04-01, 09:04 AM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
Look for an insulation wholesale supply house in your area that can supply you with the basement wall insulation.. You won't find this tyope of prodct at a Home Depot type store..

If you can't locate one in your area post again and i can find you a supplier in your area when I get back to the office next week..

Installing the R-11 on your crawl walls and heating the crawl space will make that tile floor tremondously more comfortable..

Good Luck

Jim