Insulating Windows

Old 12-04-01, 04:27 AM
AyersMM
Visiting Guest
Insulating Windows

I want to insulate some old stained glass church windows. They are over 70 years old and fixed. They are about 22 inches wide, about 10 feet high and come to a point at the top. I don't want to lose the beauty but I'm freezing in the winter. The one room A-frame church has been converted into a home. I have 5 windows installed at this time and 2 smaller ones. Thanks - MMA

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-01, 10:03 AM
What you want is known as an invisible storm window. Go to any window and awning store and they'll know what you're talking about. They use these alot with historic homes, where historic preservation societies are very particular what you do the house. And there really not that expensive.

The only time I saw this create a problem was one window received alot of sunlight and the storm acted like a green house. The lead in the stain glass bent and the window bowed. The window was repaired and we put a film of low E on the inside of the storm to reflect the sunlight to lower the temperature between the two windows. The other windows did not receive that much sunlight and had no problems.

Search this Thread