cedar shavings as insulation

Old 09-03-01, 04:30 AM
Visiting Guest
I was wondering if there are any bonafide make money at home employment opportunities out there or are they all scams? I have been a legal secretary for over 15 years and am disabled now due to a disease and I need to find something to tide my income so I am not destitute.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Linda

Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-01, 04:32 AM
Visiting Guest
I was wondering if there are any bonafide make money at home employment opportunities out there or are they all scams? I have been a legal secretary for over 15 years and am disabled now due to a disease and I need to find something to tide my income so I am not destitute.

Old 01-18-02, 07:47 PM
Visiting Guest
Question cedar shavings as insulation

I'm currently building a small weekend cabin in Central Texas (on a budget: 90% donated or salvaged materials). I'm ready to insulate. I have a large amount of cedar shavings available. Can I use these shaving as insulation in the walls? I understand that it will settle over the years, but hey, it's free!
I've read that cedar and pine shavings are toxic to animals (over long term exposure). But since this is just a weekend retreat, we'll never be there more that a couple of days a month. Surely this short term exposure can't be harmfull? Also, the cedar will help repell unwanted insects. And did I mention the shavings are FREE.

Any feedback will be mostly appreciated.
Thanks,
Chuckeeb

Old 01-18-02, 08:11 PM
If you stop in at a local convenience store, the matches are free too. Care to light one of those matches and place it near the cedar shavings?? But hey, the fire dept. services are free too, RIGHT???