Sprayed in foam insulation

Old 02-10-02, 06:14 AM
OldFart
Visiting Guest
Sprayed in foam insulation

I'm insulating the dome part of a a dome cabin in the CO mtns. Presently, I'm installing insulation another way, using foam polyisocyanurate boards, however it's so time consuming, I'm even considering spray in foam. What is the R value of this?? Is ventilation still required between the insulation and the sheathing?? How expensive would that be?? Thanks Ray

Old 02-10-02, 05:38 PM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
There are a few company's in my area that install insulation by spraying foam. There are various products that produce different R-values anywhere from 5 to 7.2 I have heard. It isnt a product for a do it yourselfer though, the equipment necessary prohibits this.

My guess is cost is anywhere from 90 cents to a 1.50 a square foot installed. I would search your area for contractors who do this.

I have heard claims by both cellulose insulators and foam spray insulators saying you dont need a vapor barrier if you use there products. This may be true, but I think the test of time will be the final verdict. I have seen many claims in various parts of the building trades that work out on paper and science, but when put to actual usage fail.

How much depth do you have for insulation?

Good luck

Jim

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: