FSK Facing and More??

Old 02-10-02, 06:30 AM
OldFart
Visiting Guest
FSK Facing and More??

Insulman, what is FSK facing and what is it used for?? Is it simply a vapor barrier? I was considering insulating the inside of my concrete walled crawl space. I all ready have R10 blue board insulation around the outside of the foundation but when the siding was installed, the contractor cut out part of this to put in 2 X 4s to have something to attach my concrete siding to so I lost some of this insulating value. I am concerned that I don't want to trap moisture inside the concrete crawl space wall as I did apply 1 coat of a rubberrized coating to the outside of the crawl space wall. I am bldg a dome in the CO mtns wher the climate is severe (cold). I am also concerned about protecting the 6 mil plastic covering (not yet installed) on my crawl space floor, maybe even insulating the crawl space floor. Thanks Ray

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-02, 03:12 PM
R
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
FSK Facing tape is used for sealing seams of vapor barriers and house wraps.

Old 02-10-02, 05:19 PM
Insulman
Visiting Guest
Here is a web site I found that can give you more detail about fsk facing material... I am familiar with its use in duct wrap and on commercial building insulation, It is generally used where the insulation material is exposed. It serves as a vapor barrier and radiant barrier!! Imagine that I sell radiant barriers :-)

The fsk paper material is available in roll form in various lengths and widths. I am guessing it is around 15 cents a sq ft when bought in bulk, possibly cheaper.

You can probably find this product through a Local Insulation supply house that services the insulation contractors, this includes people who sell Mechanical Insulation.

http://www.fi-foil.com/products/fsk.html

Hope this helps

Jim